Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Remember The First Time I Ever...

I remember the first time I ever had a crush on a girl. I was in the fourth grade and we were in Mrs. Thompson homeroom together. The girls name was Lavanda (I think that was how her name was spelled but I could be wrong).

One day after school I asked if I could carry her books for her. She said yes and off we went. She lived on the other side of the canal from me. The town we lived in has a canal that runs through almost the middle. I rarely went on that side of the canal but with her I didn't care. We got to her house and talked outside a while before I headed home.

Over time I walked her home more and more. Finally I was invited over by her and her mom. We went into her bedroom to play and she shut the door. Her mom came and opened it right away. At the time I didn't understand what the big deal was but I understand clearly now - LOL.

One day shortly after that I went to visit her on a weekend and no one was home. The lady living across the street said they had moved. I was heart broken. Lavanda was my first crush and my first heart break. I have thought of her often since that day and still from time to time find myself wondering where and what she is doing. Many years later I was visiting Mrs. Thompson at school and even told her this story. She too remembered Lavanda.

1 comment: